Error 21: Current error
Current Error 21 most of the time is related to power issues within the controller, that is hidden inside your MATE frame. If you are seeing this error on your display, please follow through for troubleshooting steps.
- Inspect cable connections by unplugging and replugging them. Look out for any cuts, bends or plug damage.
- Let the motor cool down and restart the bike, lower the current limit settings to 18a on 750W and 15a for 250W to see if it goes away.
- If it does, ensure the current limit settings are no higher than 20a to eliminate recurrence of the error.
- Have you recently installed a new component on your MATE?
- Remove each new component one at a time and perform a factory reset on the display.
- If the error goes away, one of your components may be faulty.
- Inspect the cables and controller on the back of the battery receiver plate (in the frame) for any visible damage.
- Power off your bike, unplug the motor cable:
- Inspect the connectors for any visible damage
- Reconnect and see if the error remains.